Who makes our club work? Volunteers do!
How are our club volunteers organized?
- Captains are the back bone of our organized play. There is one for each organized play session, and often a team of captains work together to look after some or all of the play times at a particular venue (play location).
- Captains duties are on the Captains page under this Club Mgmt menu.
- Venue coordinators make captain assignments. There is one for each venue.
- Venue coordinators report to the club's venue manager, who will either be a board member or who will report to a board member.
- The venue manager, in collaboration with venue coordinators and the reserved play coordinator, sets organized play times, types and levels through a play calendar coordinator, and works with other board members to secure additional venue rentals.
- Other teams and committees, all vital and valued (and fun :-), include:
| Teams / Committees|| Key Functions|| Lead(s)|| Board Connection|
| Communications|| public and member communications; website news postings & email alerts; Facebook and website content|| Communications Director|| Communications Director|
| Development|| training (beginner's lessons and mentoring), skill development, referee development|| Development Manager|| Vice-President|
| Facilities Task Force|| plan for future facilities (incl. partnership development and rent/lease/own options)|| Facilities Task Force Manager|| President|
| Health|| medical kits; health safety procedures; monitoring|
| Membership & Volunteers|| membership mgmt; team/committee coordination; tracking and leadership recruitment; ratings || Membership & Volunteer Director|| Membership & Volunteer Director|
| Nominating || recruitment of board directors, officers (Auditor & Ombudsperson) and Nominating Committee members|| Nominating Committee Lead|| Secretary|
| Social|| volunteer appreciation events|| Social Team Lead|| Secretary|
| T-shirt and Ball Sales|| planning, managing, purchasing, selling of goods|| Goods Sales Coordinator|| Treasurer|
| Tournament || planning, managing, operating tournaments|| Tournament Team Lead|| Vice-President|
| Training|| beginner's lessons, mentoring|| Training Coordinator||Vice-President|
| Web|| IT systems development & operations; training of administrators (membership, event/calendar, communications)|| IT Manager|| Treasurer and/or Director at Large|