Tournament is a Go!
Get ready for the best SAPC event of the year! No experience needed to play in this tournament -- just a willingness to have fun! It is our most social organized play event of the year -- catch up with friends before the snow flies.
Registration for our Fun Tournament on Sept 11/21 will be live on https://Pickleballbrackets.com starting 8 am Aug 28th.
- Play is round robin format so you will enter as an individual and have a different partner for each game.
- Our plan is to have all players participate in at least 7 games each, then there will be playoffs for the top players in each pool.
- We have combined the 2.5 and 3.0 into one pool due to low numbers of 2.5 players.
- The cost for the tournament will be $20 per player which must be paid when registering.
- No refunds unless we have something like a gov’t shutdown of outdoor play. Credit card processing fees and PB software usage fees will be deducted from any refund, as these are not refundable to the club.
- A portion of your fee will go to our Facility Reserve account — thanks for helping us all prepare for our future.
- Registration deadline is 4 pm Sept 7, but don’t wait to the last day, especially if you haven’t used the Pickleball Brackets (PB) software before. I can take a couple of days to have your SAPC membership verified on PB.
- You must create a profile on Pickleball Brackets (PB) and join St. Albert Pickleball Club on PB to register for the tournament.
- See the Aug 19 club newsletter for steps on setting up your free account on PB, as well as the steps to join SAPC on PB.
- PB will ask you to put in your club rating. If you do not have a rating please estimate what you think your rating is or ask one of our experienced players for guidance. To repeat: You do NOT need a club rating to play in this event. Of course, if you have one, you may not enter below that level.
- Once you are part of SAPC on PB, find the tournament there and click on it to start the registration process for the tournament and then pay the tournament fee.
- If you'd like some help with PB, email Treasurer@pickleballstalbert.ca or call Ray at 780-901-5342.
- Check in from 8:30 am to 9:15 am
- Opening ceremonies 9:15 am to 9:30 am
- Games start at 9:30 am to approximately 4:30 pm
- Fruit and bars will be available for all players throughout the day in the clubhouse
- Lunch will be provided between 12:00 and 2:00
- There will be draw prizes for all players throughout the day
We are in need of more referees for the tournament. If you would like to referee please email email@example.com or indicate it on pickleballbrackets site.
Mark Nadeau and Ken Dentzien will be offering a brief referee course on Sept 9th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. for anyone who would like a refresher or would like to referee in tournament. Please contact Ken if you would like to attend.
Volunteering and Used Paddles
- If you would like to volunteer to help with the tournament there is a link on the pickleball brackets site as well.
- We will also be collecting any used paddles that you would like to donate to the club that we will use for training sessions for new players. Please bring to tournament desk if you would like to donate.
Binder Minder - Help Wanted
Are you looking to give back to the club, but looking for a small job needing only a few hours per year? We have the perfect job for you! Our Binder Minder position is open.
Basically, the job here is to keep our captain's binders stocked with forms. There is one binder for each venue, or about 8 binders in total. Once per year, you'd add forms to the binders, and maybe one other time per year you'd respond to a captain's request to re-fill a binder. Complete training and instructions are available.
If interested or if you have any questions, please email Eileen, our venue manager (and president), at firstname.lastname@example.org.